WARNING NC-17 material

Illusions

by Phantom
rating: ***+ohp

Magnus cringed inwardly as he pressed the door buzzer. The heavy feeling of dread refused to ease. He'd screwed up, and now he'd have to face the consequences.

"Come in," a voice said briskly.

With a trembling hand, Magnus pushed open the door. "You wanted to see me?" he asked meekly, not at all like his usual collected self.

"I did indeed, and I think you know the reason why. Have a seat." Magnus lowered his head, avoiding the accusing stare. He sank down into one of the dreaded Hot Seats, the nickname for the small, uncomfortable chairs facing Prime's desk. There were other plush seats, selectively offered. The hot seat was only one sign that all was not well.

Optimus scowled at him, and while the mask covering his lower face obscured its physical expression, his body language was quite clear. He leaned against his desk, arms crossed, and studied Magnus as if he were an insect. "Magnus, I'm disappointed in you." The dreaded words pierced Magnus to the core. "This shipment of energon was key to our operation in the northwest. Its loss cannot be easily ignored."

His voice was a choked whisper. "Optimus, I don't know what to say...." Prime's glare intensified, and Magnus realized his mistake. Never call the Autobot leader by his first name when you are in the Hot Seat, no matter how close you are. The Hot Seat was for business, and the distance between the occupant and the interrogator was firmly established. The use of his first name was a privilege not easily won, and using it in this context was an unacceptable display of implied familiarity.

Prime glowered for a moment, then spoke. "It is your duty as City Commander to insure that each shipment is properly guarded. I am aware that this falls into Kup's department as well, but he tells me that he was misinformed about the shipment's size and sent too few guards. The distribution of such information is your job. I am no longer sure that you can fulfill the demands of this job."

Magnus gaped. Prime couldn't take away his commission! This job was his life, and he devoted all his energy into it. This was where he belonged. "Prime, please give me another chance!" It sounded pitiful, even to his own audios. "I can do this, just let me prove it."

Prime stroked the silvery metal of his mask with one finger thoughtfully. "Prove your worth, you mean? Yes, that seems appropriate." His voice changed slightly, softening a bit. "How far would you go for the Autobot cause?"

Magnus struggled to answer. He wasn't sure how to reply.

"Would you follow my orders? No matter how odd they seem?"

"Yes," Magnus replied promptly. "I trust you entirely."

"Even if I ordered the destruction of Earth?"

This shocked Magnus profoundly. "I -- I--"

"You wouldn't do it," Optimus interrupted, "and you'd be right. Sometimes one has to trust his instincts. The last thing I need is another mindless follower."

"I believe in you , Prime. I'm here to do whatever you tell me to. Just say the word." Magnus realized that he was virtually gushing. Perhaps it wouldn't do to seem too eager and servile.

Prime's expression warmed slightly, dispelling its icy chill. He shifted his weight slightly and, as always, Magnus' attention was drawn to the sleek metal nestled cozily between his friend's legs. The cod piece was designed to be surreptitious as well as protective, not flashy and attention-grabbing like some, but its sheer size hinted at the considerable package it hid. Magnus felt a warm glow flood through him, recognizing the familiar desire. How many times had the two of them clustered together, browsing through battle plans or creating new ones, occasionally brushing hands or even thighs? Sometimes he had been able to shut out the signals from his body, other times it was all he could do to keep from screaming in frustration. Why did Optimus have to be so damned attractive? He radiated strength and competence, and along with it a powerful sexuality. Optimus seemed oblivious to this side effect, but Magnus had seen the covetous glances that most of the females had thrown their leader's way. This only added to Prime's charisma.

Prime's gaze became more intense as he placed his hand on his friend's shoulder. He had done this countless of times before without giving it a thought, but there was something different. Magnus could barely keep from squirming as his rather pleasurable discomfort grew.

"I need to know that you are still capable, Magnus. I need to know that you can perform."

"Perform?" Magnus asked, confused. It seemed like an odd word to use to describe his position.

"Yes," his leader murmured. "I want you to prove yourself to me." And slowly, unbelievably, Optimus reached down and removed his cod piece.

Magnus' simmering desire burst into full-powered flame. He would think that he was dreaming, but the sight before him was too incredible to be imagined. He had fantasized about this moment for so long, about seeing his reserved superior exposed for his optics' pleasure. The cod piece had been able to hide a bit, adding to the mystique, but now Magnus' wish was being fulfilled, and he gaped at the sight. Prime's interface unit was even larger than he'd surmised, filled with millions of sensory receptors.

He lifted his head and stared at Optimus, unable to comprehend. "I order you to satisfy me," Prime responded to the incredulous gaze. Magnus closed his eyes and whimpered as a surge of pleasure darted through him. This was so much better than his most daring fantasy. Hand trembling with nervousness and eagerness, he reached out and stroked it down the unit.

Magnus was a little disappointed at the response. Prime didn't even blink. There was only one thing to do about that. 'Never let it be said that I don't put all my effort into obeying an order,' Magnus thought to himself. His strokes became more forceful and rhythmic, and the thumb of his other hand traced the ridge teasingly. Prime's hips shifted slightly, allowing better access, but otherwise the Autobot leader remained impassive.

However, Magnus was just getting started. He blew air gently on some of the receptors and was rewarded by a shudder, which Optimus could not manage to suppress. It was time to end the anticipation between both of them, and Magnus leaned forward, slipping the unit into his mouth. Optimus drew in air sharply, and Magnus felt another thrill go through him. He began to stimulate the area with his mouth, generating a low level of electricity, and was positive he heard a whimper. He'd crack that distant veneer yet.

With a knowing smile, he withdrew, ignoring Prime's fists clenching in anger. With assured slowness he brushed his lips over the interface tip, paying direct attention to the most sensitive area. Optimus groaned, no longer able to deny his interest. "More," he growled, and Magnus knew he couldn't stop. He slid the unit back into his mouth, squeezing it in earnest as he stroked his leader's thighs and hips.

By now Optimus had dropped all pretenses and was crying out insistently. "Magnus, if you stop now, I swear I'll demote you to waste disposal manager," he gasped. Magnus grinned around the unit. He couldn't have asked for a higher compliment. He shut his optics and relished the feel of the unit, the rhythm of the stimulation, and most of all, Prime's vocal pleasure. Prime's legs jerked, and he grasped the desk behind him tightly. Magnus opened his optics. He wouldn't miss this for the world.

"Almost.... Oh, Primus!" Optimus stiffened, then melted as his legs trembled. Magnus felt hot fluid gush down his throat, and that combined with his friend's soft cries of satisfaction was the sweetest thing he'd ever experienced.

After the shudders died down, Magnus rose stiffly. He could not bring himself to meet his friend's eyes, staring guiltily at the floor. He couldn't believe what he'd just done. It was incredible to finally live out his fantasies, but he knew that the real Optimus would never accept any sexual experiences between them. This holoprogram was incredibly, enchantingly real, but he knew he was only deluding himself. He felt horrible for using the program to vent his frustration, especially since he had essentially just taken advantage of one of his best friends.

Magnus lifted his head and stared at the likeness of the Autobot leader before him. Part of him was genuinely attracted to Prime, but another part, the part that remembered the strong friendship between them, was aghast. He had hoped to resolve his feelings with this program, but now he was even more confused than ever.

"You do good work," Optimus purred. "Perhaps it's time I showed my appreciation."

"Oh, Optimus," he whispered helplessly, drowning in the baby-blue optics. He was captivated, and all his reserves and protests melted away.

Magnus was treated to another surprise as Optimus removed his mask, setting it aside on the desk. His friend stroked Magnus' codpiece, then removed it and knelt down. All coherent thought fled at the touch of his lips. Why had he never considered this? He'd never thought that Prime's mask was removable, or even that his friend would return the pleasure. Magnus had only concentrated on what he wanted to do to his friend, and had completely ignored the reciprocal possibilities.

His interface was alternately burning and melting, inflamed by the idea alone of what was happening. All too soon, he felt himself hitting the peak. "Harder! Oh, Optimus, don't stop!" he pleaded frantically, feeling white-hot currents of energy running through his unit, then his release overwhelmed him, and it was all he could do to hold on to consciousness.

He straightened up reluctantly as his senses returned. He still felt very guilty, but also in a way relieved. When he looked at the hologram before him, still exposed, he was attracted, but the attraction had diminished. Part of the attraction had been physical, the other a strange melange of wanting to be close and share a bond, and the fervent desire to crack the impassivity of his friend's demeanor. This furtive encounter had not extinguished all his emotions, but he had gotten what he wanted out of it. All he needed was closure.

He adjusted his armor, then turned to the hologram. "This is the end of it. It was incredible, but it would never work out. We're not compatible at all. Goodbye, Optimus. And thank you." He leaned closer, and for the first and last time kissed Prime's lips, surprisingly soft and yielding.

He turned and headed for the exit. "Delete program OptimusX," he murmured as he passed through the door, the program fading from sight as the door slid closed. He took a step and nearly bumped right into Optimus Prime.

Magnus jumped slightly, startled by encountering the object of his affection so soon after seeing the hologram double living out his fantasies. "Oh, excuse me," he murmured.

Optimus scrutinized his face, looking concerned. "Are you all right?" he asked worriedly. "You've been rather on edge lately."

Magnus straightened up under the gaze, returning the look squarely. "I haven't felt this sure of myself in ages." He put his hand on Prime's shoulder and was infinitely relieved when the heady rush of desire neglected to manifest itself. He was now able to face one of his best friends without cringing away in guilt. "Trust me, I'm fine."

The look of relief was visible even behind the mask. "I'm glad, Magnus. I was beginning to worry."

"I think I've gotten my problem straightened out."

Prime nodded in understanding. "I've got to get this program started. See you later?"

"Sure thing," Magnus replied as he headed down the hall, feeling lighter than he had in weeks.

Prime's optics followed his friend until he rounded a bend, then entered the holo room. "Computer, execute program MagnusX. And seal the doors. I don't want to be disturbed."

The End

return to Phantom's Adult Fanfic Mini-Archive