Sex, Lies, and the Autobot Leader

(or The Crush)

by Phantom

Author's note: BEWARE: this fic is extremely rated, full of vulgar language as well as explicit sexual description and innuendo.

Chapter Fifteen
rating: non-sexual

Optimus was dragged out of a deep recharge state by a loud pounding on the door. "Eermg," he muttered, half-conscious, putting his head cushion over his audials and trying to get back to a dormant state. The pounding continued, however, and bit by bit, his higher functions came online. "Who is it?" he croaked when he'd awakened enough to active his vocal unit and press the intercom button to speak to whoever was outside.

"It's Crystal. Please, can I come in?"

"Crystal, not tonight," Optimus groaned, "I'm too pooped to do anything physical."

A muffled sob came from outside the door. "Is that all you think I'm good for? I came here for a bit of solace, and you accuse me of only wanting interface! How could you?" Her voice broke, choking on another sob.

Optimus groaned. He definitely did not need this right now. He was too tired and too groggy to coherently handle the situation. "All right, come in," he sighed, pressing a button that remotely unlocked the door. As soon as Crystal entered, he resealed the doors, shielding his dimmed optics from the bright light from the hallway that had blinded him when she entered. "What's wrong? You look terrible," he said, a note of concern in his voice. She looked like she'd just crawled through hell.

"Everything!" she choked, rushing into his arms, burying her head on his shoulder and sobbing. "I just had the most terrible dream, and I was so afraid that it was true. Thank Primus you're here, or I don't know what I'd do!"

Stunned, all Optimus could do was hold the quivering femme. He found Crystal to be an enigma even when he was fully awake, and now that only half of his higher functions were fully charged and online, he just didn't know what to think. He knew this much: Crystal was in bad shape and in need of some comfort. Anything else was secondary. "Don't worry, you're safe here," he said soothingly, patting her back.

Soon Crystal's tears slowed, and she snuggled against him contently, her frame jerking with the occasional sob. "Thank you," she murmured softly. "Thank you so much for being here for me. I just don't know what I'd do without you. I love you so much!" Her voice broke again, and she had to fight back another flood of tears.

Optimus had no idea what to do about this latest revelation. "Just lay back and get some recharge," he said, trying to be comforting. "You need to gather your strength again. You've been through some terrible things the past week or two, and you need to rest."

"It's not that," she said groggily, systems already cycling down. "It's my whole life. I just feel so unwanted, like I serve no purpose anymore. I'm just in the way. If it weren't for your love, I'd have no reason to go on."

"Don't talk like that!" Optimus exclaimed, alarmed by the latest turn of events. "You have plenty of value. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise. You have a lot to offer, and anyone that doesn't see it isn't deserving of your talents."

"What talents?" Crystal laughed bitterly. "All I can do is bring mechs physical pleasure, and that never lasts long. I've never had a real emotional connection before. It hurts to realize that I have no one to turn to."

Optimus wondered why he couldn't make himself speak the words that he knew she needed and wanted to hear. Why couldn't he tell her that he loved her, that he'd always be there for her? Why wouldn't the words come? What was wrong with him? She seemed so despondent, convinced that her existence was worth nothing, and all he could think of was how wrong it felt to have her in his private living quarters, to share this recharge berth with her, where he had slept next to Alita for so long. Was his love so stingy that it couldn't warm the heart of one abandoned femme? His mouth worked uselessly, finally voicing a few lame sentences. "Things look bad now because you're still haunted by your bad dream. Get some more recharge, and your outlook will be brighter in the morning."

"Thank you, Optimus," Crystal murmured, allowing her systems to slip into a recharge-ready state. "You always know just what to say to make things right. You're the first male that I felt I could truly trust with my feelings. That's why I love you."

Optimus gazed down at her sadly, wishing so badly that he could answer her pledge of devotion. "Sweet dreams, Crystal," he whispered, a hitch in his voice. He lay down beside her, arms twined loosely around her chassis, yet he felt as if he was lying miles apart from her. Unable to deal with such confusing thoughts, he gratefully powered down his systems and slipped into recharge.

end of Chapter Fifteen

go to Chapter Sixteen
go to Table of Contents

return to Phantom's Adult Fanfic Mini-Archive