Sex, Lies, and the Autobot Leader

(or The Crush)

by Phantom

Author's note: BEWARE: this fic is extremely rated, full of vulgar language as well as explicit sexual description and innuendo.

Chapter Twenty-One
rating: non-sexual

Ratchet stepped out into the waiting area, his features inscrutable. He smiled a bit when he caught sight of Alita and Optimus leaning against each other, each in a light form of recharge. At the sound of footsteps, they both straightened up and pinned him under questioning glances.

The medic held up his arms. "Before you ask, Crystal came through the surgery just fine. She's going to be okay, at least physically. I gave her a mild sedative to give her body a chance to gather its strength and recover, so she won't awaken for a few more cycles. After that, I'm not sure what's going to happen." He shook his head. "I'll speak to Smokescreen and arrange a few therapy sessions, but I don't know if Crystal will agree to it or not. I know that you both want to see her, but I don't think that will be wise until she's fully recovered and willing to accept visitors. Even then, I don't know if she would like to see you two in particular."

Optimus and Alita hung their heads as one, looking ashamed and guilty. "Hey, cheer up! None of that is allowed in here!" Ratchet exclaimed, trying to lift their spirits. "Crystal is going to be okay, and that's the important thing. She's been given a second chance at life, and how she chooses to spend it is her decision. We can't force her to confront you until she is ready."

"But she's going to make a full recovery?" Optimus asked, breathless with hope.

"That she is, given some time," Ratchet confirmed.

"Then there's nothing to keep us here," Alita sighed tiredly. "We know she's okay, and she won't be up for quite some time. Let's go get some rest ourselves. I have a feeling we're going to need all our strength when we see her."

"I'll let you know when she's agreed to speak with you," Ratchet nodded.

"Then I'm going," Alita said tiredly. "I can't stay up another moment. I'll meet you at your quarters, Optimus." She smiled a bit at how they were already falling into their old routine. Optimus smiled and watched her go, then turned back to the chief medical officer.

Ratchet informed his leader, "I'm taking the first observational shift. I'm going to stay up with her and monitor her vital signs to make sure there were no complications."

Optimus looked at his best friend sharply, noticing that something was off about Ratchet's attitude. "You've been on duty all night. Are you sure that's wise?"

"I am the chief medical officer. I'm the most qualified."

"Don't give me that," Optimus chided. "Any young orderly would be capable of monitoring her life signs. What reason do you have to stay?"

Ratchet looked down and shuffled his feet uncomfortably. "Well, we're good friends and we go back a long way. I'm sure she'd feel more comfortable with me than with anyone else. Besides," he said nervously, "I like spending time with her. It makes me feel good to know that I'm doing something to help her."

Optimus couldn't help but grin under his mask. "I never thought I'd see the day when you would lose your emotion chip to a femme," he chuckled.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" Ratchet asked in consternation. "Is it so hard to believe that I have a professional interest in Crystal?"

"Yes," Optimus said baldly, feeling glee rise in him, displacing the dark shadows of guilt. "This goes beyond professional concern. I think you like her! And I can't think of anyone that would be better for Crystal than you."

"Get lost!" Ratchet said gruffly, unable to conceal a note of pleasure. "You need some recharge. I'll let you know when she's awake."

"Thank you, Ratchet. For everything," Optimus said softly, squeezing his friend's hand in gratitude. "I know Crystal is going to be just fine in your hands."

end of Chapter Twenty-One

go to Chapter Twenty-Two
go to Table of Contents

return to Phantom's Adult Fanfic Mini-Archive