Sex, Lies, and the Autobot Leader

(or The Crush)

by Phantom

Author's note: BEWARE: this fic is extremely rated, full of vulgar language as well as explicit sexual description and innuendo.

Chapter Twenty-Three
rating: non-sexual

"Care to talk about it?"

The question caught Crystal by surprise, and her head jerked up, staring at her personal savior. "I--I don't know," she finally whispered. After nearly a week in the intensive care unit, her status had finally been downgraded, and she was about to be released as an outpatient. All this time Ratchet had stuck by her side, always there to comfort her, and never prying, until now.

"That's okay," The Autobots' CMO replied hastily, "I didn't mean to rush you. I just want you to know that I'm here for you whenever you need me."

Crystal smiled, her first genuine one since her hospitalization. "I know that. I don't have a clue why you're being so nice to me, but I do appreciate it."

Ratchet returned the smile easily. "Do I need a reason to be nice to you? I think you're a great person, and I like you a lot!" A sudden embarrassed look crossed his face. He hadn't quite meant to say all that! "Erm, um..." he mumbled. 'Good going, numbnuts!' he berated himself. 'She's still recovering, and already you put this burden on her! Besides, she's been with Optimus and other top Autobots, what makes you think that she's going to be interested in you?!'

Crystal smiled shyly down at her lap. Ratchet's inadvertent slip had pleased her a lot more than the ardent words of passion that had been whispered to her from countless lovers. She was touched by his kindness, and she found his nervousness to be endearing. "I like you too, silly," she smiled, looking at him fondly. She felt, to her surprise, a warmth spreading throughout her body, like a healing balm. "I can't tell you how good you make me feel."

Ratchet looked like he was going to reply, then, through some bizarre, irresistible instinct, he leaned over and gently pressed his lips against hers in a soft kiss. Crystal's optics widened in surprise, then she relaxed into the kiss, enjoying it far more than the most intimate caress. She caressed the back of Ratchet's helmet lovingly, never wanting the most romantic moment in her life to end.

Despite both of their fervent wishes, the kiss was eventually broken. The couple sat back, identical looks of stunned pleasure on both of their faces. "I, uh..." Ratchet began, scratching his helmet, looking helplessly embarrassed yet pleased. "Wow!"

"You can say that again," Crystal giggled.

"Wow!" Ratchet exclaimed, with great feeling.

"You know," Crystal said softly, "you have done me more good than astroyears of counseling could."

"Speaking of which, I've spoken with Smokescreen." Ratchet's happy expression clouded. "He thinks it best that you leave Cybertron for a short vacation, so that you can recover in peace, away from people and places that may still trigger negative feelings."

Crystal nodded thoughtfully. "I think that would be best for me. I don't blame Alita and Optimus for my problems, but I can't deny that they made things a lot worse for me. Perhaps I will be able to come to terms with it and forgive them in time if I were given the chance to sort it all out somewhere far away."

Ratchet asked, "Have you ever been to Risa?"

Crystal smiled. "No, but I've heard a lot about it. It's supposed to be the ideal vacation planet. Thank you for suggesting it, I think I'll give it a try." Her voice turned slightly teasing. "But I don't think I've fully recovered. I may just need a physician by my side."

If it had been possible, Ratchet would have turned a bright red. "Erm, I don't know...."

Crystal laughed merrily at his discomfiture, already feeling more like her old self. "I know that Risa is a pleasure planet, but that's not why I want you to come with me. Believe me, I know that getting intimate too soon is the last thing that I need. I just want you by my side. Now that I've finally found you, I don't want to let you out of my life! Besides, I think you need a vacation too, and I am going to see to it that you get one!"

"Yes, sir!" Ratchet said, saluting sloppily, a huge grin on his face. "I'll ask Optimus for the leave, but I'm sure that he will give me a leave of absence. He's been on my case about taking a vacation anyway. And I know he'd do anything to further your recovery. He knows that he made a serious mistake, and he wants to do anything that he can to make it better."

"Then this is all that I ask of him. With you by my side, I'm sure that everything will be wonderful from now on." And, with a weary feeling of happiness, like that of a drowning man that has finally spotted land, she realized that it was true. She had finally found someone that she could trust with her life, and more importantly, with her heart. And that was what made life worth living.

The End

go to Table of Contents

return to Phantom's Adult Fanfic Mini-Archive