Sex, Lies, and the Autobot Leader

(or The Crush)

by Phantom

Author's note: BEWARE: this fic is extremely rated, full of vulgar language as well as explicit sexual description and innuendo.

Chapter Twelve
rating: non-sexual

Crystal stared moodily out the window, watching the endless stream of stars streak by. Other than the odd planet or ship, it was all she had seen for the past week. To be honest, it was starting to drive her batty. She began to feel as if she was the only being in the galaxy. It seemed as if her head would simply float away if she didn't hold it down. She shuddered, recognizing the symptoms of some kind of shock. After living underground for so long, space travel, for even short periods of time, was difficult to handle, but such an extended time by herself was beginning to eat away at the edges of her sanity.

"I must stay calm," she told herself. "Repairs on the hyperdrive are nearly complete. Once that's done, I'll be back at Iacon in no time. Then I'll be with Optimus again, and I'll know I'm not alone."

'But you might as well be,' a mocking voice replied. 'Nobody else likes you. Alita even went so far as to stick you on the other side of the galaxy to be rid of you. Even though Chromia and a few others are at least polite, they don't really want you around. Even Optimus doesn't love you. He's just using you, like all the others before him.'

"NO!" she screamed, the cry bouncing off the metallic walls of the ship and echoing through her head. "It *can't* be true! Optimus loves me! He's noble and upright and wouldn't take advantage of me. I've wanted him for so long, and now that he's mine I won't ever let him go!"

'You're just kidding yourself,' the voice piped up once more. 'He doesn't love you; he just loves what you do for him. He's probably still in love with Alita. He'll go crawling back to her, just wait and see. Nobody really cares about you at all. Even Moonracer is just a casual friend. I can see it in her optics -- what you used to do with the Decepticons creeps her out. And as for the other femmes, like Sunrunner, they'd like to flay you alive for breaking up their relationships. It's been seven million years, and clearly Sunrunner still carries a grudge.'

"That's slag!" Crystal shrieked, covering her audials in a futile attempt to shut off the mocking, destructive voice in her head. "If the guys truly loved their girlfriends, they wouldn't have been tempted by me. I was only selling what they were buying, nothing more. And it's not as if the femmes haven't had flings of their own. It's not my nature to be tied down, so the femmes hate me for what I am. Well, maybe things will change with Optimus. He's the only mech I've ever truly wanted, and now that I have him I won't even so much as look at another mech."

'True, but can you say the same thing for him? He's had his own track record, you know. For him, you're just another in a line of flings and one-night stands. He'll soon tire of you and return to that pink twit.'

"No, he won't!" Crystal cried. "He *can't*! He broke up with her, he can't love her anymore. He's with me now, and that's all there is to it! I'll do anything he asks. I'll make him so happy he won't even look at another femme for the rest of his life. Anything he wants, I'll do it for him."

Silence greeted this last remark. And somehow, it was more disconcerting than any words her own mind could conjure.

Crystal jumped as a crackling noise hit her audials. "What's that?! Who's there?" she yelped, looking around, finally realizing that it was coming from her communicator.

//Autobot operative Crystal, come in. This is the Autobot shuttle Stealth mark III. Please reply.//

She was frozen to the spot for a moment, then suddenly she regained mobility, tripping over her feet in her haste to get to the front viewscreen. She twisted a dial, and the shape of an Autobot shuttle came into view. "Hooray! I'm saved!" she cried joyfully. //Stealth III, this is operative Crystal. Boy, am I glad to see you!//

//Likewise,// the voice replied, somehow sounding less enthused. //Stand by for towing.// A tractor beam emerged from the larger shuttle and snared Crystal's small ship, tugging it along for the ride. //Engaging hyperdrive in five seconds. Don't worry, we'll have you back in just a few hundred astrominutes.//

//Thank Primus!// Crystal radioed back. //Thank you, Stealth III. By the way, is Optimus aboard?//

//Negative,// the Stealth pilot replied. //He sent us on a mission to find you, but he had to stay behind to take care of the usual affairs. He'll meet you upon our return.//

"Oh," Crystal said, feeling absurdly let down. 'Of course he didn't come to meet you! He has other pressing engagements and responsibilities, you ninny!' Still, a part of her desperately wanted him to be here for her. Somehow she thought that if it was Alita that had been stranded, Optimus himself would have come to her rescue.

//Um, okay, no problem. Thank you for all your help, Stealth III.//

//No problem. Engaging hyperdrive now.//

Crystal strapped herself into the harness on the pilot's chair, bracing herself for the transition to hyperspace. She barely noticed as the shuttle trembled beneath her, seemingly ready to shake itself apart. All she could think about was how disappointed she felt. Here she was being rescued and she felt as if she'd been abandoned. How ridiculous was that?

end of Chapter Twelve

go to Chapter Thirteen
go to Table of Contents

return to Phantom's Adult Fanfic Mini-Archive