Sex, Lies, and the Autobot Leader

(or The Crush)

by Phantom

Author's note: BEWARE: this fic is extremely rated, full of vulgar language as well as explicit sexual description and innuendo.

Chapter Fourteen
rating: non-sexual

Crystal thrashed on the sheets, in the grip of a terrible nightmare. Coolant poured from her writhing frame as her limbs moved jerkily, as if trying to fight off an unseen assailant. "Noooo!" she screamed. It seemed to be a miracle that she did not completely roll off the recharge berth and fall on her head. Somehow, despite her wild gestures, she managed to remain in place. However, that concern was lost on her. She was trapped in the world of dreams, suffocating in a nightmare realm of her own creation, borne out of her worst fears. She fought valiantly to get out, but seemed to only further entangle herself in the web of half-formed fears and dark intuition.

* * *

//He doesn't love you! He can't stand to be with you right now!// a mental voice thundered in her head. Optimus Prime's face appeared out of the murky blackness to sneer at her. "You're such a tramp. I was just getting my kicks with you. And you really think I care about you? Ha!"

"No!" Crystal screamed, mercury tears flowing down her cheeks. "Say it isn't true! Of all people, I expected you to be more understanding!"

"You expect too much. Who would ever fall in love with such a lowlife like you?" The Autobot leader stepped back into the shadows, a sneer plastered on the visible features of his upper face.

Alita's face lunged forward, nearly touching hers. "He's mine, and he always will be! He never cared for you! Stop deluding yourself and face it! With your past, no man would want to touch you. You have no friends here, Crystal. I wish you'd have died on that spaceship. You're just one giant loose end, the proverbial sore thumb that sticks out in the Autobot army. We all would be much better off without you. You've served your purpose, and now we no longer have any need of you. You should just take the hint and leave!"

Alita turned with a cruel smile and embraced the Autobot leader. "Optimus' heart will always be mine, no matter what you do. You will always be alone in the world." Optimus removed his mask, revealing the same cruel smirk. "I only have optics for you, Alita. I don't know what I ever saw in that floozy." He captured her lips in a passionate kiss. Alita's laughter somehow filtered through the kiss, echoing through Crystal's head.

Crystal screamed, feeling her world burst apart in a million flying shards. NO!

* * *

The femme thrashed awake, tangled in the bed coverings, soaked in her own coolant. She dimly realized that the loud yet strangely distant screaming was coming from herself. Yet, somehow, she couldn't bring herself to stop. She clutched her head cushion to her face, howling into it as drops of cleansing solution fell from her bleary optics. 'A dream,' she told herself over and over, 'it's just a dream. None of it is true!' But a deep, secret part of her refused to believe it. The images were borne out of her worst fears, and she knew that her fears had some very real grounds. It didn't take much imagination at all to turn her phantom fears into reality.

She shuddered and curled into a tight ball, trying to ward off the shadows crowding her head. 'I can't stand it! I can't be alone with my own thoughts tonight. I need to get out, to find someone to stay with, just to remind myself that I'm not alone in the world. But where can I go?' Unbidden, an image of Optimus smiling down upon her came to mind. 'No, no, I can't disturb him,' she chided herself. 'He needs his rest, and I'm sure he'll get sick of me if he sees me too often. But he's the only one that truly seems to give a damn about me,' another shudder of horror wracked her, 'and I need him right now! He's always there when any of us needs him. Surely he'll understand.' Before she even realized it, she was up and moving, snapping on her outer armor and trying futilely to wipe away the tracks of tears that streaked her face. Right now, Optimus was her only hope. She prayed that he wouldn't cast her aside.

end of Chapter Fourteen

go to Chapter Fifteen
go to Table of Contents

return to Phantom's Adult Fanfic Mini-Archive