Sex, Lies, and the Autobot Leader

(or The Crush)

by Phantom

Author's note: BEWARE: this fic is extremely rated, full of vulgar language as well as explicit sexual description and innuendo.

Chapter Twenty
rating: non-sexual

"Unbelievable," First aid muttered as he worked on his patient. "Just look at this mess!"

Ratchet nodded sadly, methodically cutting away the mangled case that protected the spark within. "It's a miracle she's still alive at all."

"I just can't figure it, you know?" First Aid shook his head as he prepared the new case. "We've seen such terrible damage inflicted by the war, and now that the horror is finally over, this femme chooses to damage herself. There are so many that have died who deserved the gift of life, and Crystal tried to throw it away! I know that it's not my place to judge, but it seems so unfair. I've seen how fragile and precious life is. It just disgusts me that someone would want to throw away such a marvelous gift."

Ratchet carefully removed the mangled piece of metal and cupped the spark in his large yet gentle hands, the hands of a skilled surgeon. "Don't judge her too harshly," he said softly, smiling faintly as the sickly-gray spark brightened slightly, as if it recognized the person holding it and was pleased by its company. "Crystal's been through an awful lot. She's had a rough life, and I'm afraid peacetime has only made it worse for her. She doesn't need our scorn, she needs love and compassion. And I'm hoping that this second chance at life will help make up for the pain that she's experienced."

First Aid paused and looked at his colleague sharply. "You really care for this femme, don't you?"

Ratchet stiffened, never lifting his gaze from the spark he held as he gently placed it in the new case that First Aid positioned within the femme's newly repaired chest cavity. "I don't know what you're talking about. You should go get some more recharge; your judgment is obviously affected."

"No, I don't think so," First Aid chuckled, pleased to finally have a chance to tease his friend and boss. "I've never seen you act like this before. I know that you've had your share of girlfriends, but you've never spoken about any of them with such reverence and compassion. It is my professional analysis that you have a crush on this femme."

"And it is my professional analysis that you are a fool," Ratchet said with a grin as he sealed the front of the spark case with a plexiglass-type transparent material. "Like you really would know. Get out a lot, don't you?"

"Touche'," First Aid laughed as he helped position the new torso plate, picking up the arc welder. "I know I'm not quite the party animal that you are, but I do recognize a crush when I see it, and you, my friend, are most definitely attracted to Miss Crystal here."

"But we're just good friends," the CMO replied, sounding rather confused in spite of himself, beginning to confront feelings that he never suspected existed. "If I like her so much, why did I turn her down so many times when she asked for a date?"

"Because of her history," First Aid said, understanding quite well how things developed. "You're too nice a guy to take advantage of her, and you knew that she wasn't ready for a real relationship yet. But perhaps now, once she wakes up, she'll be more ready for a monogamous relationship with someone that cares about her. And, quite frankly, I can't manage anyone better-suited for the task than you."

"Gee, thanks," Ratchet said sarcastically, stepping back to supervise First Aid's progress as the younger mech skillfully welded the femme's torso closed. Their patient was patched up, as good as new, and now only required a few cosmetic details.

"She looks so peaceful," First Aid observed, studying the femme's serene features. "It's hard to believe that she was tormented enough to take her own life."

Ratchet nodded wordlessly, captivated by her peaceful expression. He had never seen that look before on her, and he had to admit, it was quite endearing. "Come back to us, Crystal," he whispered, brushing her cheek with his hand. First Aid bit back a grin. Ratchet's affection for this femme was blindingly obvious. He was confident that Crystal would make a full recovery with Ratchet to help patch together her tattered soul.

end of Chapter Twenty

go to Chapter Twenty-One
go to Table of Contents

return to Phantom's Adult Fanfic Mini-Archive